Saturday, October 30, 2010

Why?


Everyone has been asking me how the trip was, and I have had such a hard time finding words to describe it. It just, was.They want to know what it was that makes me think I might want to do missions full time.
Did it blow you away? No, not really
Was it so rewarding? Um, a little
Was it fun? Well, I guess at times
If I’m honest it wasn’t necessarily exciting, rewarding, or loads of fun. Yes it is amazing to see God working through your team, but you often don't see the fruit of your work.
It was sad. It was humbling. It was challenging. 
But it was good. It was, right.
It's not that I want to go again because I loved it, though part of me did. It's not that I want to go again because I was so overwhelmed by the poverty that I just want to sell everything I have and give it to them, though part of me does. I want to go again because of the indescribable longing in my heart to serve Him.
And I want to love the people. I want them to feel important. I want them to experience joy. I want them to know that HE LOVES THEM. But I don’t want them to just know it I want them to experience it. I want them to be comforted, brought out of the darkness, set free from their burdens. I want them to know the compassion that our sweet Jesus has for them and the hurts they have experienced in life. I want them to be overwhelmed by the depth of His love and grace. I want them to be empowered.
But how?
There are so many. I am no longer able to ignore the urgency and need for the gospel and am overwhelmed by the expanse of the Nations who are still unreached. It seems too much. How will we ever reach them all?
Him. Only Him. By trusting that He has a way when there seems to be no way. By each member of the body of Christ doing the unique part he/she is called to do.
Some are called to go, some to stay and send. I believe I'm called to go:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.
LY, a